On this episode of Social Media Church, I, DJ Chuang, roundup some things I’ve seen recently that point to what the future of the Internet church could look like. I think it’s still too early to call, but there are models beginning to take shape. Segments on this episode: my response to a couple of articles about how social media might shape the church, examples of network churches (organizational churches resourcing organic churches), Internet evangelism, and using Google+ Hangout on Air for online ministry.
- Phil Petty’s How will Social Media Reshape the Way we do Church? and Will Mobile Social Media Change How we do Church?
- Ryan Kellermeyer’s “Bottom-Up Theology in an Age of Networked Intelligence“
- Global Media Outreach (GMO), video introducing their online ministry
- LifeChurch.tv‘s NetworkChurches.tv
- Northland Church‘s DoingChurchSimply.com
- MultiplyMovement.com - Francis Chan’s online discipleship course (beta?)
- Jason Morris, Internet Campus Pastor at Westside Family Church (Kansas City)
- Google+ Hangout