In this episode of Social Media Church, DJ Chuang talks with Justin Lathrop about how a church could use Twitter to connects locally (taking a cue from a twitter-active mayor), how he uses social media as a connector and strategist, and a lesson from his social media faux pas.
Justin blogs at JustinLathrop.com + @justinlathrop on Twitter + facebook.com/justin.lathrop on Facebook. Justin Lathrop is Director of Strategic Relations at General Council of the Assemblies of God and previously the Director of Strategic Development at The Oaks Fellowship.
- Corey Booker (@coreybooker) is Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, dug residents out of a blizzard (snow storm) in December 2010; and in April 2012 he rescued a neighbor from a burning house with 1000s of tweets applauding the mayor via the meme #CoreyBookerStories
- The Oaks Fellowship and its Internet Campus
- River Valley Church (Minnesota) and its Internet Campus
- New Break Church (San Diego)
- Leadership Network - Ideas to Implementation to Impact
- Vanderbloemen Search Group - church staffing firm
- DJ Chuang’s Pinterest board of ex-churches - buildings that used to be churches